Anxiety dreams

I have vivid dreams. When I am in those dreams, they are real to me. My anxiety bubbles up in my dreams. I sometimes wake up unsure what is real and what was in my head.

One dream I've been having involves moving. I am moving and packing things up. I have so much stuff. I want to keep as much as I can, but I don't have room and I don't have time to pack it all. I am out of boxes or room in the car or suitcases. I have to leave some things behind. Sometimes, I make it all fit. In other dreams, I find a bunch of things I forgot to pack, a bunch of important things. How will I fit it all in? What new choices to do I have to make?

It's obvious to me, in my waking hours, what this means. It's about choices. It's about find the treasures and getting rid of the junk. It's about going forward with the right stuff. I understand this when I am awake, but my sleeping brain will still be reminding me of this anxiety. When I am dreaming, I am panicked, trying to fit it all in a few boxes.

I have a dream of staying in a hotel and being unable to get to my room. The elevators take me to the wrong floor or they stop randomly. I try to find the stairs. I can't seem to ever get the right floor. This one is mostly just frustrating.

I dream I have to go back into the lab to do one more experiment, that my graduate work isn't quite finished. I am trying to remember the protocols, hoping old solvents are still working. I am just hoping these last pieces of data fall into place.

Lately, I've been dreaming of traveling, but when I get there, I don't explore. I stay in the hotel or only go to places near-by, seeing only what's within a block or so. It's the last day and I regret not doing more. I wonder why I stayed so close to the hotel.

Comments

  1. I have the hotel dream too. The elevators never get me to the correct place. Sometimes it's a hospital. I guess that's pretty explainable

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

And so it begins

Handsome Writer Man

My history of my body, Part 2