The good stuff: Non-head issue

I have some good things about myself that are outside my body. In fact, given that I'm not a huge fan of my body, this stuff is actually more important to me. This feels weird to me, bragging about myself (and, yes, I am aware that even the term "bragging" puts a negative on this. But that's my head and, as the title says, I'm working on it.) However, if I could tear my body apart, I can also build myself up a little, so here it goes.

I'm pretty smart and I know stuff. I read a lot and I'm always trying to teach myself new things. I've got an impressive degree (PhD in biology) from a really good school (UPenn), if you need outside proof.

I try to be kind and generous. I always think that I can do more, which may be a sign that I really am these things. I am thinking that a person who isn't very kind can be happy with being kind enough. I have put fewer conditions on my generosity these past years. I no longer think someone needs to earn my generosity.

I can tell a good story. (Full disclosure: most of these are based on true stories.) I'm also kind of funny. If we're chatting, I can probably keep you entertained. Pull up a chair; we'll chat a while.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And so it begins

Anxiety dreams

Handsome Writer Man